These are my attempts....
1 - this is my attempt one, the petals are cracking though as I rolled them too thin
2 - this was my second attempt and a lot better
Unfortunately we didn't have time to try to do anymore :-(
This afternoon I made a trim and flower to go around a plant pot. Ok, Ok, it wasn't supposed to go around the plant pot, it was supposed to be a head band for Anais but I underestimated the size of her head, it is bigger than I thought!
It is by no means perfect and not at all symmetrical, I just sat practicing various stitches on the different rows - single crochet and half double crochet so it wouldn't be as "holey" as the smaller tin.
I think these tins look quite cute and I am now tempted to save future tins, crochet covers for them and use them around the house for pen pots and flower pots!