I stayed in instead and changed our bed, hoovered everywhere and cleaned the bathroom - boring.
This afternoon I played with my sewing machine again. I made another two bags.
Here is the first.
It is the scraps from the door curtain I made for the conservatory last April. The lining is an old pillow case. I really need to go and buy some fabric.
To make sure the birds lined up I had to do it in two pieces instead of one folded in the middle.
I couldn't understand why the electric tripped when I put the oven on earlier.......................................a coincidence?
This recipe for chocolate concrete has been posted on Facebook several times this week and Anais asked if I could make it. I didn't understand why mine refused to cook................. and then realised the oven was broke - that was why the electric tripped out - it just wouldn't get warm.
We had an old brown oven when we moved in (March 2000) until we redid the kitchen (August 2000). We bought a new oven January 2007 (to save cleaning the old one!) when I was pregnant with Roman which is now eight years old - time for a new one now - such an inconvenience though.
Luckily we have a halogen oven so I could cook the chocolate concrete in that - and then cook tea too - chicken pieces and potato waffles The tomato, scrambled egg and beans were done on the hob.
In such a bad mood tonight - I don't like being inconvenienced which means we need to source and fit a new oven. For the short term we are OK as we have a slow cooker, halogen oven and hob. I need an oven though.
On the plus side the chocolate concrete tasted very nice. The only change I made to the recipe was to use two eggs as one egg made it the consistency of pastry.