Don't know if you can tell but I painted the fireproof boadring around the fire this afternoon - it took three coats of cream emulsion and both Fred and the slate were wrapped up in dust sheets so they didn't get paint on them. It does look much brighter as it was a grey colour before.
10 granny squares done today
64 granny squares done in total.
I suppose you could say I cheated as although I didn't do any granny squares yesterday I did crochet 9 of the cream centre's while the guys had the drills out and were doing the dusty work. I locked myself away in the conservatory and only came out when they started doing the pretty jobs!
So, 64 squares = an 8 x 8 blanket. I was planning on doing a 8 x 9 blanket. I will lay them all out tomorrow and see what the size is like. I need to make sure that I have enough wool left to sew or crochet them altogether.